Curious Syndrome Of Vanishing Careers!

"The three C's of life Choices,Chances,Changes.You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change"



In love with a military man? Congratulationsssssss!!!!!
.
.
.
In love with your career too? Good for you.
.
.
Until.
Until the time comes for you to bid one of the two a tearful goodbye.Hopefully temporarily.
Few of my friends asked me what to do of their lucrative careers when they marry their fauji fiance'/boyfriends.A very valid concern for a modern woman who has been brought up to excel professionally and suddenly faced with such dilemma. 


What do you focus on,being with the guy you love? or doing the job which you love?
All the milspouse have to make such decisions because a military man's career is a cycle of field posting (border/sensitive areas) and peace postings.About 2-3 years separates a field from peace to field posting.Courses are the add ons where one has to move in every 2-3 months.

Marrying a military man means a happy reunion at peace station.Many of you must not know where are the peace stations located.Well the peace station might be in a small city or in a smaller town or in a tinier village or it might be in the middle of nowhere!Or it might be in a place that makes you go"Alright! where the fuck are we?"




Therefore,it so happens in these scenarios,the only variable career options for women is teaching(irrespective of her interest).As schools are available everywhere.Many random acquaintances suggested this career to me as well(I try to keep cool and ignore them completely).According to the society,B.Ed should be made compulsory for all the milspouse who wants to work after marriage.(I mean please give us a break! We can make our own choices.)


In the simplest possible way I have summed up the battle which we girls fight before making the choice.
I met women who were bankers,IT professionals,lawyers,C.A's,Air hostesses,etc all of whom had to put their blooming career graph aside when their husbands got posted to smaller military stations.And they all did it happily.I strongly believe it depends upon the women as well whether she wants make her career or not!Many of them are happy as homemakers.Some of them got extra protective husbands who doesn't allow them to work after marriage.


Then again there are women who choose to stay in bigger cities to keep their job and travel frequency to meet their husbands where they are posted.They always try to balance their professional and personal life.But the world don't let them live and then they become deaf for those who say,"Fir shaadi kyu kari?".I tell you its difficult for an independent and smart women to balance her life between love and career.For God's sake world should let them live the life they want.I have lot of respect for all those women out there only because I know how difficult this choice is.Hats off to them!

                                                              

So,all those milspouse who are still not sure what to choose.I have one thing to say.Choose what you love or you miss terribly if you let go of .Choose what is dearer to you and won't give you sleepless nights for not being a part of your life.

Do not feel guilty for choosing your career.Don't cry about losing your career either.Since,I chose to be with my soldier by putting hold on my Architecture career and now with his love and support I gave my exams,cleared them too and very soon will be starting with my post graduation studies.Although I'm getting lot of - Why,Where,When for the same.I don't say a word I just....
put my hair up in a bun, 
drink some coffee 
and handle it.πŸ˜ƒ

Now it's your turn.

Good luck superwoman!!

Comments

  1. Superlykkk Smriti...Yes you mentioned correctly that the world stop them to live according to their own choice.
    And at the same time its only women who has a right to choose what they want from herself ..
    So stop it world let them live their lives by their own wish...
    Commendable girl
    Keep it up...😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. This thought makes you a soldier too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sahayak ~ A Superhero?

Don't Worry Be Hampi...!