Sahayak ~ A Superhero?

Sahayak came out to be a hero of my last post.Everyone seemed to like him a lot.Who is Sahayak? Many of the readers might not know about him.A sahayak is an assistant or helper,and they are fondly called as "buddy"๐Ÿ‘ฒ


  • Buddy is someone who acts as a runner to convey orders from the officers to subordinates.
  • Buddy also maintains the officers uniform and personal equipment such as valet.
  • Buddy acts as officers bodyguard in combat.
  • Buddy sometimes also drives the officer's vehicle in combat conditions.
The list of job that he does is endless.In short he is an all rounder!!



Pati ,Patni & Sahayak


Like I discussed in the earlier post that there are times when a woman feels secondary in her husband's life.But the military wife gets demoted one more place down the rung as she mostly comes third in the order,
  1. Sports/Gym                                               
  2. The Sahayak
  3. Military wife


The buddy knows more about my husband than I do,and this calls for a full on war(In the wife's head of course). He knows the officer's uniforms by date stitched.Buddy knows what's kept in all those intimidating looking black trunks lining in the room wall,and most importantly he understands what the husband means when he says foreign surrounding things like SOP,alpha,CGRL,nafri and others.I know how confusing and hence scary this is in the beginning.I mean do the officers even require wifi  wife?(just a question on my mind).

Throughout my courtship period and a couple of months after marriage I kept my financial issues independent from A.C sahab's.I didn't even touch his wallet or debit cards.A practice which changed, the moment I came to know that his buddy knows his ATM pin! Like every time when A.C sahab runs out of cash,the buddy/sahayak appears with the cash in his hand!


According to my observation for Sahab,the Sahayak is like a loyal Genie! As soon as he hear his sahab's voice,he appears like a Genie,saying your wish is my command!(that's how it looks).

I've heard so many stories of initial tussels between new brides and the sahayak ๐Ÿ˜„.One DC's wife would tell us how each morning she would wake up to make tea for her husband and their buddy would show up in the kitchen saying,"sahab to black coffee lete hai subah"! To which the lady would say,"pehle pasand hogi coffee,now he will get tea only".Buddy whispers to himself "Uh, of course".

And the cold war continues...no war no peace!
But dear new military wife,it gets better.You learn to co-exist.๐Ÿ˜‰



  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curious Syndrome Of Vanishing Careers!

Don't Worry Be Hampi...!